A unique opportunity to explore two different parks all while based in one place.
A unique opportunity to explore two different parks all while based in one place. The Bougainvillea Safari lodge is set in beautiful tropical gardens with easy access to two of Tanzania's great parks.
Explore the Lake Manyara National Park and the Ngorongoro Crater in three days the perfect safari extension or mini break.
- Full board accommodation on safari
- Lunch at the beginning of your safari
- Park entrance fee's throughout
- All game viewing in a custom built Land Cruiser driver by a professional English speaking guide
- A safari breifing at the beginningf of the tour
- 1 litre of bottled water in the vehical per day
- Gaverment taxes and levies
- Transfers to and from the airport
- International airfares
- International and domestic departure taxes
- Entry Visa's to the country
- Health and travel insurances
- Items of a personal nature
- Membership to the AMREF flying doctors
Starts: Unless otherwise stated, most tours start in Arusha. Zanzibar tours start at Zanzibar Airport.
Ends: See itinerary for details
Note: we can also pick you up or drop you off at the hotel of your choice in the greater Arusha area if you notify us in advance.
Expected group size:
On regular group tours the expected total group size is between 2 and 10 travellers.
Type of vehicles used:
For transfers to and from the airport and long distance trips reliable and modern minibuses are used. Please note that we cannot guarantee air conditioning.
On safari drives open-topped jeeps are used.
Level of ability required:
Although there will be no special strength and fitness requirements, please note that safari lodges situated in remote areas are by their very nature lacking in many of the modern conveniences found in cities. For this reason please be prepared for uneven floors and sometimes challenging access.
You must be able-bodied and have the ability to move independently without help on this tour.
Food and dietary information:
The food prepared at the lodges and/or hotels on this tour will be of an international nature and suited to a broad range of visitors. If you have any specific dietary requirements please let us know in advance so that we can inform the lodges and hotels along the route. Alcoholic drinks, unless specifically mentioned in the itinerary, are not included in the price
What to wear:
Although Tanzania lies in the tropics it can get chilly in the evenings and early mornings. On this trip we recommend that you include the following in your baggage:
- A pair of sturdy lightweight shoes or boots
- Light coloured clothing with long sleeves and legs for the evenings and early mornings
- A hat to keep the strong sun off your head
Baggage and what to bring:
Important note: If your itinerary includes a leg of the journey on a light aircraft then please be advised that the maximum TOTAL weight allowance including hand luggage is 15kg (approx 33lbs) and all luggage must be in a soft bag i.e. NOT a suitcase.
We recommend that you do not forget to pack the following:
- Insect repellant cream/spray
- Camera and binoculars
- A torch (flashlight)
- A waterproof/dustproof bag
Depending on your nationality you will probably need a tourist visa to enter Tanzania for this tour. The current cost of a single-entry tourist visa is USD 50 per person and these can be purchased on arrival, for most nationals, in all major currencies.