Kilimanjaro Climb - Rongai Route
This enticing trek along a lesser known route is an adventurous way to reach the summit of Africa's greatest mountain.
The Rongai trail goes up the northern side of Mt. Kilimanjaro and its unique position in the mountain's rain shadow makes for a unique bio zone - drier and more open - which in turn allows for some magnificent views. This is a great camping only trail with very few climbers and a gentle ascent making it the ideal route for beginners. The terrain en routegives you a sense of unspoiled Africa and many climbers say this is their favourite ascent.
Book this route for a great natural campng experience in a true wilderness.
- All food during the climb on the mountain (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- Kilimanjaro park entrance fees, camp/hut fees, standard KINAPA rescue fees
- Kilimanjaro briefing and de-briefing
- Services of trained English speaking mountain guide, cooks and porters (porters are Swahili speaking mostly)
- Guides wages, cooks and porters standard to the norm of Mountain Society of Kilimanjaro
- Portage of 1 bag (maximum 18 kgs) per person
- Oximeter safety equipment to check blood oxygen levels of clients on a daily basis
- Tips to the guides, cook and porters
- Hotel accommodation before and after the climb
- Client transfers to and from Mountain Head
- Lunch and day room on the last day
- Shuttle bus from Nairobi – Arusha – Nairobi
- Climbing equipment such as clothes, sleeping bags, sleeping mat etc.
- Mineral water
- Traveller insurance
- Telephone calls
- All other expenses resulting from early descend before the completion of the climb such as transfer, extra nights etc.
- Gamow bag
- Oxygen cylinder
- Notes: Our services start and end at the Mountain Gate.